Dedicated to creating a healthier, more active outdoor lifestyle for all ages and abilities.
Welcome to Frost Mountain Nordic
Host of the 2019 BKL Festival at Rikert Nordic Center!
Come and let’s “Glide on the Wild Side”
Click here for the official festival page and to learn more…
Since 2006, Frost Mountain Nordic Ski Club has been dedicated to creating a healthier, more active, outdoor lifestyle for all ages and abilities in the mountains once home to Robert Frost in central Vermont.Winter is coming … We can’t wait!
Stay tuned for 2018/19 programs…
Arrive by 9:30 to get geared up and ready to ski!!
Winter is here and we just can’t wait for programs to begin!
We offer fun for all ages and abilities within four areas of focus –
Frost Mountain Nordic
PO Box 281
Middlebury, VT 05753-0281
2019 Frost Mountain Nordic Programs
We offer three program levels for children, an adult program, and a basic non-program club membership for volunteers and passionate supporters. Details below. Scholarships are available through FMN upon request. Season ski leases or ski and gear purchases are available at the Middlebury Mountaineer. Daily rentals of skate skis, classic skis, backcountry skis, snowshoes, fat bikes, and pulks are available at Rikert Nordic Center as are daily and seasons passes. Clothing and customizable club-logo gear are available at Fourth n Goal.
Click the button to register and become a Frost Mountain Nordic Member and/or Program Participant. Winter is NOW!
BKL Saturdays (K thru 8th grade) – One day a Week
Saturdays 10:00-11:30 am
▪ For all levels-Focus is on fun and group skiing
▪ Skiers are introduced to the New England Bill
Koch League and NENSA
▪ Cost: $85 (includes FMN membership, Rikert ski rental & trail pass for the day)
Bobcats (2nd thru 8th grade) – Two Days a Week
Saturdays (BKL) 9:30-11:30 am Wednesdays 3:30-4:45 pm
▪ Expand the skills of young Nordic skiers with a focus on fun
▪ Classic and skate skis required
▪ Cost: $160 (includes FMN membership)
Wildcats (5th thru 8th grade) – Three Days a Week
Saturdays 9:30-11:30 am Wednesdays 3:30-4:45 pm Fridays 3:30-4:45 pm
▪ For budding competitors and advanced skiers
▪ Coached by Ryan Kerrigan: team training, advanced skate & classic instruction, learn to wax, participate in select races with club support
▪ Race with FMN at the BKL Festival on March 2 & 3 at Rikert
▪ Race support by Ryan Kerrigan at four Eastern Cup races.
▪ Cost: $450 (includes FMN membership and wax service during each race weekend; optional preseason)
Supporting Member (everyone)
Events, Program Support, General Fun
▪ Join the club and receive your Frost Mountain Nordic buff.
▪ Keep in tune with club info & events; participate in FMN-related event support at Rikert Nordic Center. No gear or level of skill required.
▪ Discount on Season Passes at Rikert Nordic Center.
▪ Cost: $30
BILL KOCH LEAGUE
Why join Bill Koch League? Click onBKL Now more than ever newsletter article from NENSA (New England Nordic Ski Association) to learn more about this valuable kids program.
Nordic Ski Program for children from grade 1-8
Frost Mountain offers a 1 day/week program which caters to beginners (grades K-8) looking to get out on the trails. We also offer 2- and 3-day programs for skiers who want to challenge themselves further on technique, skills, and endurance. Participants in any of the programs also have the option to try out competition in a number of low-key, local youth races.
Why join Bill Koch League? Click here to read what NENSA (New England Nordic Ski Association) has to say.
In partnership with Rikert Nordic Center, program fees include rental equipment for practices and home events. For traveling racers, we recommend leasing or purchasing wax-able combi or separate skate/classic skis.
Parent BKL participants are valued at all levels of commitment – from one-time hot chocolate wrangling to seasonal coaching. Volunteer coaches will have access to training clinics and/or program plans.
Practices are held at Rikert Nordic Center on the Bread Loaf Campus of Middlebury College, Ripton, VT.