Dedicated to creating a healthier, more active outdoor lifestyle for all ages and abilities.
Welcome to Frost Mountain Nordic
Since 2006, Frost Mountain Nordic Ski Club has been dedicated to creating a healthier, more active, outdoor lifestyle for all ages and abilities in the mountains once home to Robert Frost in central Vermont.Winter is coming … We can’t wait!
SAVE THE DATE:
December 6, 2017
Annual Meeting & Fundraiser at American Flatbread
Winter is here and we just can’t wait for programs to begin!
We offer fun for all ages and abilities within four areas of focus –
Frost Mountain Nordic
PO Box 281
Middlebury, VT 05753-0281
Frost Mountain Nordic Programs
We offer three program levels for children, an adult program, and a basic non-program club membership for volunteers and passionate supporters. Details below. Scholarships and Equipment leases available.
Click the button to register and become a Frost Mountain Nordic Member and program participant. Winter is NOW!
BKL Saturdays (K thru 8th grade) – One day a Week
▪ For all levels
▪ Focus is on fun and group skiing
▪ Skiers are introduced to the New England Bill Koch League and NENSA
▪ Cost: $70 (includes Rikert ski rental)
Bobcats (2nd thru 8th grade) – Two Days a Week
Saturdays (BKL) 9:30-11:30 am Wednesdays 3:30-4:45 pm
▪ Expand the skill–set of young Nordic skiers
▪ Focus is on fun & an expanded exposure to the sport
▪ Classic and skate skis required
▪ Cost: $135
Wildcats (5th thru 8th grade) – Three Days a Week
Saturdays 9:30-11:30 am Wednesdays 3:30-4:45 pm Fridays 3:30-4:45 pm
▪ For budding competitors, advanced
coaching by Ryan Kerrigan of VTXC
▪ Experience team training, advanced skate
& classic instruction, learn to wax,
participate in select races with club support
▪ Race with FMN at the BKL Festival
▪ Classic & skate skis required.
▪ Cost: $260
▪ For the adult skier looking to get an edge on stride & glide in a fun group setting.
▪ Challenge yourself; take the science out of gear & technique.
▪ Led by Ryan Kerrigan of VTXC (vtxc.org)
▪ Cost: $125
Supporting Member (everyone)
Events, Program Support, General Fun
▪ Join the club and receive your FMN Logo Hat and FMN Logo Decal.
▪ Keep in tune with club info & events; participate in FMN-related event support at Rikert Nordic Center. No gear required.
▪ Discount on Season Passes at Rikert Nordic Center.
▪ Cost: $25
BILL KOCH LEAGUE
Why join Bill Koch League? Click onBKL Now more than ever newsletter article from NENSA (New England Nordic Ski Association) to learn more about this valuable kids program.
Nordic Ski Program for children from grade 1-8
Frost Mountain offers a 1 day/week program which caters to beginners (grades K-8) looking to get out on the trails. We also offer 2- and 3-day programs for skiers who want to challenge themselves further on technique, skills, and endurance. Participants in any of the programs also have the option to try out competition in a number of low-key, local youth races.
Why join Bill Koch League? Click here to read what NENSA (New England Nordic Ski Association) has to say.
In partnership with Rikert Nordic Center, program fees include rental equipment for practices and home events. For traveling racers, we recommend leasing or purchasing wax-able combi or separate skate/classic skis.
Parent BKL participants are valued at all levels of commitment – from one-time hot chocolate wrangling to seasonal coaching. Volunteer coaches will have access to training clinics and/or program plans.
Practices are held at Rikert Nordic Center on the Bread Loaf Campus of Middlebury College, Ripton, VT.