What a great way to “glide” into the New Year.
BILL KOCH LEAGUE (GRADES 1-8)
Frost Mountain offers a 1 day/week program which caters to beginners (grades K-8) looking to get out on the trails. We also offer 2- and 3-day programs for skiers who want to challenge themselves further on technique, skills, and endurance. Participants in any of the programs also have the option to try out competition in a number of low-key, local youth races.
In partnership with Rikert Nordic Center, program fees include rental equipment for practices and home events. For traveling racers, we recommend leasing or purchasing wax-able combi or separate skate/classic skis.
Parent BKL participants are valued at all levels of commitment – from one-time hot chocolate wrangling to seasonal coaching. Volunteer coaches will have access to training clinics and/or program plans.
Practices are held at Rikert Nordic Center on the Bread Loaf Campus of Middlebury College, Ripton, VT.
**Read about Bill Koch and his wonderful story.**
One day a Week: BKL Saturdays (K thru 8th grade)
Saturday 10:00-11:30am, (Start date: Dec 31st – thru Feb 25th)
- Our Saturday program is for all skiers.
- Groups are based on ability and/or age. (Lollipoppers*, 1st/2nd,
3/4, 5/6, 7/8).
- Skiers are introduced to the New England Bill Koch League and NENSA.
*Kindergarteners sign up with a parent
Program Fee: $70 (includes $10 FMN club Fee)
Two Days a Week: Bobcats (2nd thru 8th grade)
Saturday 9:30-11:30am and Wednesday: 3:30-4:30pm (First Session: December 31 – Feb 25 for the program, March 4-5 BKL Fest (optional)
- For experienced young skiers who want to expand their Nordic experience.
- In addition to Saturday BKL participation, the Bobcats ski as a single, mixed-age group on Wednesday.
- Intro to skate skiing plus adventures in classic skiing.
Program Fee: $135 (includes $10 FMN club Fee)
Three Days a Week: Wildcats (5th thru 8th grade)
- For competitive skiers, exposure to team training methods, advanced skate & classic techniques, and select race participation with club support.
- Hands-on waxing guidance throughout the season.
- End the season by representing FMN at the BKL Festival.
Coach Ryan Kerrigan Meet Ryan will head up Friday and Saturday
training, and oversee Wednesday Parent(s) Wildcat Coach training. Welcome Ryan!